How to Create a Smooth Finish on Black Furniture
Painting a piece black can be a daunting task. While at first black seems to be an easy color to paint, once you begin painting a piece you begin to see streaks and flaws in the color. Here are my quick and easy tips for getting a smooth finish with black paint.
- Clean your piece and sand any rough spots.
- Use Debi's DIY Little Black Dress Paint. This is are darkest black paint. DIY paint is full of pigment so this paint is dark.
- Paint two coats of Little Black Dress allowing each coat to dry completely.
- Use Debi's DIY Clear Wax over the whole piece.
- Follow the clear wax with Debi's DIY Black Wax. The black wax will ensure a smooth, black finish.
- Wait 24 hours or overnight before buffing with a soft cloth.
- If you see any spots that need more wax use the black wax on those spots and repeat the buffing.
You can learn how I created the pictured piece on my YouTube video.https://youtu.be/DodIofsGpVc .